Mon 9th – Wed 11th January 2012 The Royal Hotel, Bray
* · Bible exposition and ministry addresses to feed on God’s Word together
* · Preaching workshops to learn together and help one another ‘rightly handle the Word of Truth’.
* · Prayer together for one another in our ministries
* · Fellowship and relaxation together, with time off to enjoy the surrounding area
These are a central feature of preaching conferences: we work together in small groups on a book or theme with a small number of others under the leadership of an experienced preacher. The goal is to help one another in our handling and communication of the Bible’s message.
Each workshop will meet three times, and will involve some preparation before the conference: details of this will be sent about a month in advance.
- Stream 1 – David Jackman for newcomers
- Stream 2 – Eddie Coulter on Matthew 5-7
- Stream 3 – Ferran Glenfield on 1 Kings (Ahab/Elijah)
- Stream 4 – Chris Kennedy on James
- Stream 5 – David Martin on the Life of Abraham
- Stream 6 – David Montgomery on Micah
- Stream 7 – Jonathan Reid on Mark 1-8
- Stream 8 – John Samuel on Isaiah 1-12
Please indicate your 1st and 2nd stream preference on the registration form. We do our best to fit you into the group of your choice, but will allocate on a first come, first served basis.
Speakers & Workshop Leaders
David Jackman, our main speaker, was founding Director of the Cornhill Training Course in London, a training course with the primary aim of training preachers. Prior to that he was senior minister of Above Bar Church, Southampton. He is married to Heather with two married children. He is author of many books, most recently Opening up the Bible & Spirit of Truth.
Eddie Coulter is superintendent of the Irish Church Mission in Dublin and an Anglican minister.
Ferran Glenfield is rector of Kill O’ The Grange Church of Ireland parish in South County Dublin.
Chris Kennedy is minister of Dun Laoghaire Presbyterian Church.
David Martin is leader of Emmanuel Church in central Dublin.
David Montgomery is minister of Greystones Presbyterian Church, Co Wicklow.
Jonathan Reid is pastor of Calvary Church, Wexford.
John Samuel is pastor of Grosvenor Road Baptist Church in Dublin.
Is it for Me?
This conference is intended for those with a regular Bible preaching ministry in the Republic of Ireland. It affords an opportunity to be ministered to as well as to work hard together on the task of preaching the Bible. None of us can ‘go it alone’, and fellowship with others across the denominations who share in the struggles of authentic, biblical ministry can be a vital source of strength and encouragement. So, if that is you, we welcome you to join us.
Venue & Cost
- The conference is residential and will be held in The Royal Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow from 2pm on Mon 9th until after lunch on Wed 11th January 2011.
- The cost is €190 Euro and is inclusive of all meals and accommodation. There is an early booking fee of €175 up to 30 November.
- We are keen for participants to be there for the whole conference. However, we are offering a non-residential rate of €135 for those who do not require overnight accommodation.
- To request a booking form please contact us.