Mon 10th – Wed 12th January 2011 The Royal Hotel, Bray
* · Bible exposition and ministry addresses to feed on God’s Word together
* · Preaching workshops to learn together and help one another ‘rightly handle the Word of Truth’.
* · Prayer together for one another in our ministries
* · Fellowship and relaxation together, with time off to enjoy the surrounding area
These are a central feature of preaching conferences: we work together in small groups on a book or theme with a small number of others under the leadership of an experienced preacher. The goal is to help one another in our handling and communication of the Bible’s message.
Each workshop will meet three times, and will involve some preparation before the conference: details of this will be sent about a month in advance.
Please indicate your stream preference on the registration form. We do our best to fit you into the group of your choice, but will allocate on a first come, first served basis.
Speakers & Workshop Leaders
Christopher Ash, our main speaker, is Director of the Cornhill Training Course in London, a one year course with the primary aim of training preachers. Prior to that Christopher was pastor of a small rural church in the East of England. He is married to Carolyn & they have four children. He is author of several books, including The Priority of Preaching, Listen Up, Bible Delight, Job:Out of the Storm & Married for God.
Workshop leaders are all pastors & preachers working in Ireland and come from a variety of church backgrounds
Is it for Me?
This conference is for those in full-time Word ministry in Ireland. It affords an opportunity to be ministered to as well as to work hard together on the task of preaching. None of us can ‘go it alone’, and fellowship with others across the denominations who share in the struggles of authentic, biblical ministry can be a vital source of strength and encouragement. So, if that is you, we welcome you to join us.
Venue & Cost
* The conference is residential and will be held in The Royal Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow from 2pm on Mon 10th until after lunch on Wed 12th January 2011.
* The cost last year was €190 Euro inclusive of all meals and accommodation, with an early booking fee of €175 up to 30 November. We hope to maintain these costs in 2011 We have some funds available to help if the fee is a problem; please ask Julia Tan about this.
* We are keen for participants to be there for the whole conference. However, last year we offered a non-residential rate of €135 for those who do not require overnight accommodation.